OSlash is looking to build a brand new team that will build fantastic Android-native experiences that will bring OSlash to all Android devices. You will be bringing at least 3 - 7 years of experience as an Android engineer, with hands-on experience building wonderfully crafted and high-performance apps. You will also help build and grow the Android team at OSlash.
What we are looking for:
- Android engineer with a minimum of 3 to 7 years of hands-on and real-world production experience, shipping apps.
- High proficiency in at least 1 of these technologies –
- React Native.
- Java (with Android SDK).
- Hands-on experience in C++ or Rust is very valuable.
- Hands-on experience writing unit and integration tests.
- Hands-on experience shipping builds to the Play Store using automated CI/CD setups.
- Affinity for writing quality documentation.
- Skills in time management and multi-tasking.
What you’ll get working at OSlash:
- Fantastic workplace benefits
- Equitable pay and stock options
- Opportunity to work alongside some of the best people in the frontend, backend, security, SRE, and design, all sharing the responsibility of building a high-quality consumer-centric product.
We're 100% serverless!
- Node.js & TypeScript for the backend, along with AWS AppSync and DynamoDB.
- React & TypeScript for the frontend.
- AWS for our entire infrastructure.
- Serverless to deploy everything as lambdas.
- Pulumi for infrastructure-as-code.
- GitHub Actions for CI/CD.
- Sentry, Lumigo & Checkly for error analytics and monitoring.
- Linear for issue tracking and project management (not Jira, so yay).
Problems you will be solving
- How to build great UX-driven and Google Material Design-compliant experiences.
- How to hire other great Android engineers.
- How to keep track of new features and API changes in every Android release and quickly target them.
- How to identify, debug and ship fixes for production issues.
Read more about our team
- Introducing OSlash
- Navigating the new era of workplace productivity
- OSlash raised money from Accel and Founders of Notion and Figma
- Culture at OSlash
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
At OSlash, one of our values is to Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.