OSlash is looking to build a brand new team that will build a fantastic search experience that will help users find information from across multiple services, right inside OSlash. You will be bringing at least 5 - 7 years of experience as a search engineer, with hands-on experience building search at scale. You will also help build and grow the Search team at OSlash.
What we are looking for:
- Search engineer with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of hands-on and real-world production experience, shipping code.
- Proficiency in data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and distributed systems. Experience with at least 1 major programming language or runtimes like Python, Node.js, or Go is essential.
- Experience in ML, NLP systems, parser design is highly valuable.
- Experience working with at least 1 major distributed orchestration framework like Nomad, Temporal, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, or Mesos.
- Hands-on experience building Search experiences.
- Deep experience working with at least 1 existing major search solution like Solr, Lucene, Algolia, TypeSense, Meilisearch, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Affinity for writing quality documentation.
- Skills in time management and multi-tasking.
What you’ll get working at OSlash:
- Fantastic workplace benefits
- Equitable pay and stock options
- Opportunity to work alongside some of the best people in the frontend, backend, security, SRE, and design, all sharing the responsibility of building a high-quality consumer-centric product.
We're 100% serverless!
- Node.js & TypeScript for the backend, along with AWS AppSync and DynamoDB.
- React & TypeScript for the frontend.
- AWS for our entire infrastructure.
- Serverless to deploy everything as lambdas.
- Pulumi for infrastructure-as-code.
- GitHub Actions for CI/CD.
- Sentry, Lumigo & Checkly for error analytics and monitoring.
- Linear for issue tracking and project management (not Jira, so yay).
Problems you will be solving:
- How to build a high-performance search architecture.
- How to build contextual and multi-faceted search.
- How to build search models rapidly.
- How to build a feedback loop that will measure search relevancy and effectiveness, improve them continually, ship patches and rinse and repeat.
Read more about our team:
- Introducing OSlash
- Navigating the new era of workplace productivity
- OSlash raised money from Accel and Founders of Notion and Figma
- Culture at OSlash
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
At OSlash, one of our values is to Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.