Since we were kids, we've been told about the benefits of teamwork. Right? We heard phrases like, “There's no ‘I’ in "Team," and “Teamwork makes the dream work.”
Cute as those sayings are — and true as they may be — sometimes working with other people is easier said than done. This is especially true in work environments where lots of different people with different positions, priorities, and personalities have to come together to accomplish shared goals.
The good news? There is technology to help. Collaboration tools can enhance team communication, encourage clarity, improve organization, and simplify everyday work processes.
Here are some of the must-have team collaboration tools and apps we're loving in 2022.
In the modern workplace, links keep everyday processes clicking along. You might have links to an IT help desk, corporate intranet, an HR time tracking tool, project management workspace, and more. That's on top of the external links you access for tasks like research. Keeping track of all those links is challenging enough. Quickly finding them to share with colleagues is even trickier.
Enter OSlash. This collaboration app lets you easily manage links, transforming them from complex URLs into short and memorable tidbits. You can:
- Implement OSlash shortcuts across all your devices, including your PC, tablet, and phone (iOS and Android compatible)
- Integrate the app with other apps like Jira and Slack, making getting your URLs at your fingertips even easier
- Assign tags to links, making them easy to identify, organize, and cluster
Depending on your job, you likely work with many types of files: PDFs, Excel spreadsheets, Word Docs, and more. Storing files securely while still being able to share them with others — and access them from anywhere — is tough. Cloud storage solutions like Google Drive are an easy answer, allowing you to edit and store 100-plus file types, from PDF to CAD.
With this real-time collaboration tool, you can store, share, and collaborate on items via a computer, tablet, or mobile device. Advantages include:
- The ability to set permissions, specifying who can do what in a certain document
- Built-in protection against cyber threats like spam, ransomware, and malware (plus, cloud-based storage minimizes risk to your individual devices)
- The chance to integrate with collaboration apps like Docs, Sheets, and Slides, making it easier to create and share content as a team
Pinging emails back and forth to coordinate with a co-worker? No, thanks. Slack is a streamlined communication tool that eliminates the need for back and forth email. You can exchange messages, files, and documents with individual co-workers or in groups.
Here are more reasons Slack is considered one of the best online collaboration tools for in-house and remote teams:
- Integrate with other essential office tools like Google Drive, Microsoft Office 365, and more than 2,000 others
- Automate actions and communications, creating workflows that save you time and stress (for example, you might automate everyday tasks like sharing a project update)
- Search conversations easily via keywords or according to set timeframes (this lets you locate old info you need to recall fast)
Meetings are part of working life. You want to make sure that you actually get something out of those meetings with team members. This requires getting organized, for example, by setting objectives before the meeting and taking notes for after the meeting.
Hugo lets you streamline meeting prep with more than 100 templates and simplifies note-taking. Plus, you can:
- Find notes, tasks, or decisions in seconds using the auto-organization and search tool to scan meeting follow-ups
- Assign action items to teammates with the built-in project management tool
- Communicate meeting outcomes and share documents with the Slack integration
Microsoft Office 365 offers a comprehensive suite of tools, allowing teams to collaborate simply. You can use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive, Outlook, and Microsoft Teams for better communication.
This arsenal of small business tools covers all the basics, from word processing to presentation creation. Collaboration features include:
- A scalable offering, starting with a free plan and going up to home, small business, and enterprise pricing
- In addition to desktop software, use apps that allow workers to get tasks done on the go
- Leverage modern add-ons, like cloud-based functionality, so you can access your 365 apps wherever, whenever
If you work in the content creation space, Narrato is a great way to simplify collaboration. Instead of clunky sheets, docs, and emails, this project management software lets you store files in a collaborative workspace, centralizing the content workflow.
For example, a writer can complete a piece and then an editor can access it via the workspace. Other benefits include:
- The ability to assign action items and plan content publishing schedules accordingly
- An AI content assistant to help create better-performing content, for example, by supplying SEO suggestions
- The ability to work with both internal teams and freelancers, unifying all communications
Asana is both a project management software and a communication hub in one. You can designate project workspaces and assign deliverables and deadlines to individuals in those workspaces.
It's also possible to send direct messages to individuals or create group chats using designated tags. Other perks of this collaboration software include:
- File sharing functionality, minimizing the need for emails
- Automated notifications that remind individuals when deadlines are due
- Customizable task management viewing options, such as project-based versus a calendar overview
Trello is a project management tool inspired by the Kanban board method of managing projects. You can create project-specific boards and add lists and cards to designate tasks. By giving all relevant team members insights into the project, Trello improves transparency and communication.
Trello also offers other perks such as:
- Being able to communicate with team members in project-based workspaces
- The ability to use an automation tool to reduce tedious tasks, like moving lists and scheduling assignments
- Integrating top work tools like Slack, Dropbox, and Google Docs
Dropbox is a cloud-based file-sharing solution that lets you access your files from anywhere. You can easily drag and drop files to different folders to stay organized, and decide what you share with which people.
On top of flexible file sharing and management, Dropbox also provides perks like the possibility to:
- Send documents directly for signatures, saving time on closing contracts
- Sync document updates directly with teammates or clients
- Enhance security with multiple layers of protection, like password-protected files
Staying motivated at work isn't always easy, even for employees who love their jobs. Bonusly is a great solution for keeping people engaged on the job and encouraging positive teamwork. This platform automatically tracks workers' achievements and provides bonus points to reward them. This can help build a culture of recognition.
Bonusly also helps by:
- Automatically sharing achievements with teammates, inspiring a greater sense of belonging
- Providing workers with greater purpose by connecting their own small tasks with big-picture company goals
- Generating reports that can be used to determine bonuses and other incentives to keep workers motivated
What did we ever do before video calls?! Personally, we have no idea how we managed before this modern convenience became mainstream. Zoom is the pinnacle of video conferencing tools (sorry, Skype and Hangouts!), with both a desktop and mobile app version.
Advantages of this screen sharing and video collaboration platform include:
- Zoom Whiteboards make it easy to brainstorm concepts collaboratively using virtual whiteboards inspired by the classroom model
- Contact center integration allows you to contact customer support while still on Zoom
- Versatile meeting types, from small-scale team meetings to midsized webinars and immersive video conferences
Create shortcuts that everyone remembers with OSlash
At the end of the day, good teamwork is all about communication. Being able to share ideas and information quickly and coherently is the key to success. When it comes to link sharing, OSlash is the answer.
OSlash lets you find and share links with co-workers quickly, improving efficiency and collaboration. With a multi-app search function, you can find your links fast — and shoot them to your colleagues or clients in a snap. With OSlash, you can simply type o/onboarding into your browser and have the document at your fingertips.
This way, you and your teammates get the pages you need blazingly fast, without any stress. It's the link-sharing solution you never knew you needed until you've experienced it. Try it now.